fredag 2 april 2010

No Sun Here!



On day six of this manicure, I just gave up and took some photos anyway.
This is Misa Sweet Pleasure, a sweet and sheer shade from the Sugar collection.
Two coats, Nubar Foundation base coat and SV top coat as usual. Great wear, as I said this is a one week old manicure!
The pictures are taken in deep overcast, as soon as the sun (or a strong artificial light) hits your fingers, this polish flashes in blue-green and orange, very pretty in a subtle way. Since the weather will not cooperate with me, You will just have to take my word for it..

4 kommentarer:

  1. Makes me sad when the sun wont cooperate.
    I bet this would look amazing over a black polish yeah?

    SvaraRadera
  2. ShortAndSweet,

    I guess it would, I must try that. Right now, I'm all sheer I'm afraid, I got in a position that makes it impossible to wear any opaque polish at work unless I want to start a full war over the question (and that would not be in my best interest in the long run).

    Actually, last week a co-worker (who is not my superior, quite the opposite) had the nerve to comment on this very manicure and question the right to wear polish.
    I pointed out to her that this is a sheer glaze and that if she never seen a polish "flash" before it was due to her utter ignorance in the field of polish.
    I was not happy about the incident, and she is now official on my hit list (as like I won't ever bring her coffee when I get a cup for myself.. we are not talking about any serious threats here ;-) )

    Unfortunately, my blog will be suffering for a couple of months. I haven't even made a decent easter mani, even if I have a good idea about it.
    It's just because I know that I will have to remove everything come monday, and start the tedious process of building a one-week-durable-sheer manicure. :-p

    SvaraRadera
  3. I really like the shimmer in this one.

    Too bad you can't choose whatever polish you'd like because of your work situation. I feel for you!

    SvaraRadera
  4. I know, just hate it, but it is going to be better in a couple of months.

    I shouldn't complain really, I love my job and it's very rewarding both mentally and financially. I just choose the wrong hobby I guess, turning into a nail polish maniac :-D

    SvaraRadera